Every human being is born with his own Dosha combination. It is determined at conception. The integration of the principles “Air” “Bile” “Mucus” in the parents are rearranged when the sperm meets the egg. Additional energies/radiation and other influences from the environment impose “universal cliché” on these combination of Dosha/principles, and determines it for life.
Fixed in this way, the individual Doshas will dictate the bones and the frame of the body, mental inclinations, character’s traits, gustatory habits, life span and many more.
IN THE PROCESS OF LIFE WE CAN ACTIVELY INFLUENCE AND CHANGE THE RATIO COMBINATION OF THE THREE VITAL PRINCIPLES/DOSHAS. WE ARE CREATING OURSELVES.
But as soon as we stop purposefully doing that, the combination of our Doshas/vital principals, quickly goes back to the one determined at birth.
Depending on which Dosha prevails in the body, develops the individual constitution. According to Ayurveda, Chzud-Shi, and even modern science, thee are seven distinctive types of people and many intermediate. Three types are Monodosha – one of the Doshas is strongly expressed. The next three are with two strongly expressed Doshas/principles- Wind-Bile (Vata-Pitta), Wind- Mucus (Vata-Kapha) and Bile-Mucus (Pitta-Kapha), and the last type is the person with about balanced Doshas.
Lets do the Dosha quiz
1. Fine-boned, thin man.
2.The wrist is thin, feels cold and dry.
3. Quick movements, easy gait.
1. Medium build, reddish hair, thin or gray hair, baldness.
2. Medium wrist, feels warm and pleasant.
3. Movements are balanced, normal walking.
1.Boned, full- bodied man with tendency to gain wait.
2.Broad wrist, feels cold and wet.
3.Smooth movements, delayed, leisurely slow walking
4.All processes run quickly.
5.In spite of a normal diet, challenging to gain wait, digestive problems.
6. Fast, light sleep.
4.Unbalanced processes, run impulsively – can run fast, than slow.
5.Good digestion, but if the intake of food is delayed, feelings of irritation will occur.
6.Sleep is good, with dreams.
4.Processes proceed slowly in the body.
5.Despite the normal diet, easily gains weight, difficulties to loose it.
6. Sleeps more than 8 hours, good peaceful sleep.
PSYCHOLOGY AND MENTAL ABILITIES
7.I am enthusiastic and avid
8. Fast comprehend new information and also quickly forget.
9. People think of me as of very social and talkative person.
7. I try to be punctual and organized.
8. Sometimes I memorize new information quickly, other times difficult.
9. I can get upset easily.
7. New undertakings are challenging
8. Challenging assimilation of new information, but once memorized, the retention is good.
FAVORED FOODS, SEASONS AND DISEASES
10. Warm, buttery, loves to eat well
11. Discomfort during cold weather, winter makes the skin dry
12. Fussines, weight loss, dry skin, constipation, arthritis
10. The food is cool, eat in moderation
11. Discomfort during the hot season, tired during the summer
12. Inflammations with fever, stomach ulcers, heartburn, anxiety and irritability
10. Warn, dry food, not greasy, eat a little
11. Discomfort during the raining season, humidity.
12. Weight gain, depression, feeling cold, skin is pale, running nose
Now lets score the results using a simple 0-5 system.
0- This does not describe me,this is not me.
1- I have something like that.
2- There is little of it.
3- Medium expressed.
4- Well expressed.
5- This future you have the most pronounced.
After you put down the scores that you believe represent you best, separately calculate the scores for each Dosha by adding them together- for Vatta, Pitta,…. Than look which Dosha or a few of them score the highest. If the amount you score on one Dosha is 10 times higher that the next Dosha, this is your prevailing Dosha.
It is important to know what Dosha is and how it affects our body. When we have that knowledge, we have the tools to influence not only our moods, bodies, self-esteem, but also completely change our lives.